Wednesday, March 10, 2010

group photo composite

Photobucket
I have adding to this photo for years now and expect to for many more.
It all started when i was asked to photograph all the managers from a local hotel for use in newspaper ads. I thought it might be fun to do a silly pose which i later decided to strip together into a group photo. I may have forgot to mention that i shot all the people separately on a white background.
I keep everyone on their own layer in photoshop and then when i have to remove someone i just turn off their layer. I can move everyone else around to make room for new people also. Where they end up in the shot mainly depends on their pose.
I had to take three people out this year and add five. That meant that the photo was going to be bursting at the seams so i asked a couple of them to give me a crouch down pose which worked out nicely.
To keep things looking consistent i try to duplicate previous lighting and even look up last years metadata to see the fstop and lens focal length. I have noticed however that the camera has changed. There are images from a d200, d300, and d700 in this shot.
It takes a bit of time to get looking right but so far i have been happy with the results.

No comments: